You could receive financial assistance to implement energy efficiency measures in your company. The Small Businesses component will meet all your needs—big or small!
With the Small Businesses component, you can receive financial assistance to carry out energy efficiency projects in buildings and plants subject to Rate G. Using the OSE tool, businesses can estimate the amount of financial assistance they could receive in order to implement targeted energy efficiency measures and also submit their project quickly and easily once it has been completed. The eligibility criteria are tailored to small businesses.
The project must:
- be carried out in one or more commercial, institutional or industrial buildings subject to Rate G and located in Québec;
- target one or more buildings that receive their electricity from the Hydro-Québec grid or an eligible off-grid, municipal or cooperative system;
- target energy efficiency measures predefined in the OSE tool;
- qualify for financial assistance of at least $1,000;
- target only new equipment.
* For all the program requirements, refer to the Participant’s Guide – Small Businesses Component [PDF 128 kB - In French only].
Calculate* the amount of financial assistance that you could receive using the OSE tool.
A quick and effective tool to:
- validate the eligibility of the measures you’ve selected
- assess the amount of financial assistance you may be entitled to receive
- submit your request for financial assistance
Version 3.1 of OSE effective June 3, 2022
As of June 3, 2022, participants who submit a project with work starting May 9, 2022, or later, must use version 3.1 of the OSE tool.
*Download the latest version of the software to take advantage of the most recent program updates.
Video in French only
- Participant’s Guide – Small Businesses Component [PDF 128 kB - In French only]
- Conditions and undertakings [PDF 122 kB - In French only]
- Municipal and cooperative systems [PDF 58 kB - In French only]
- Eligible off-grid systems and Calculation of financial assistance [PDF 66 kB - In French only]
- Notice of participation – Aggregator* [PDF 706 kB - In French only]
* Document for project aggregators
Frequently asked questions
Why should I participate in the Small Businesses component?
As a small business, you will benefit from measures that are tailored to your reality and from additional financial assistance of up to 90% of the eligible costs as well as a reduced eligibility threshold of $1,000. This will help you lower your electricity bill and improve your competitive edge.
Why is the Small Businesses component different from the Medium and Large Businesses component?
The Small Businesses component provides additional financial assistance and a reduced eligibility threshold for small businesses subject to Rate G, which differentiates it from the Medium and Large Businesses component.
Who is the Small Businesses component intended for?
This component is intended for companies that are subject to Rate G and that have one or more commercial, institutional or industrial buildings located in Québec and that receive their electricity from the Hydro-Québec grid or from an eligible off-grid, municipal or cooperative system. Refer to the Participant’s Guide – Small Businesses Component [PDF 128 kB - In French only] to learn more about the program requirements.
I would like to participate in the Small Businesses component. What do I need to do?
You must first consult the Participant’s Guide – Small Businesses Component [PDF 128 kB - In French only] to learn about the requirements and the steps to take. You can also rely on engineering consulting services or an industry professional for support. You can also contact our customer support services at 1 800 ENERGIE.
I am an industry profesionnal. How can I help my customers participate in the Small Businesses component?
We encourage industry professionals (engineering consulting firm, contractor, company specializing in energy, etc.) to promote the program with their customers in order to implement energy efficiency projets. All the relevant information is available on the Partners and aggregators page.