The Innovative Projects Program promotes the development of high-performance energy-efficient real-estate projects.
Hydro-Québec is offering real estate promoters and building contractors financial incentives to develop projects that optimize building energy consumption through the use of high-performance technologies and innovative electromechanical systems.
The main eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The usable area of all buildings covered by the project must exceed 50,000 square metres.
- Heat pumps must meet at least 80% of the space heating (building envelope/fresh air) and water heating needs of all buildings targeted by the project.
- A district energy system is mandatory and must connect and supply all buildings targeted by the project to enable heat exchange between them. Such a system must meet the buildings’ total space heating and air conditioning needs (building envelope/fresh air) as well as all water heating needs.
- Each building’s energy performance must improve by at least 25% in comparison with the performance of the reference building used by Hydro-Québec.
- The following measures must be implemented in each building, in keeping with the requirements set out in the appendix of the Participant’s Guide[PDF 3,15 Mo – in French only]: insulation (roofs/walls/floors), energy-efficient fenestration, and mechanical ventilation heat recovery (fresh air).
The financial assistance is calculated based on kilowatthours saved. The amount of financial assistance per project cannot exceed $8 million and will be determined as part of the agreement negotiated with Hydro-Québec.