Winter Credit Option
Winter credit: Risk-free option
The Winter Credit Option is a dynamic pricing option that is combined with Rate G (base rate) and enables you to receive a credit if you reduce your electricity use during peak demand events. It’s risk-free, because your bill can only get smaller.
For winter 2022-2023, enrollment will be limited to 2,000 business customers. It will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
How the Winter Credit Option works
- When you sign up for the Winter Credit Option, you continue to pay for electricity at the base rate (Rate G).
- The day before a peak demand event, you’ll receive a notification by email and, if you wish, through our mobile app.
- During an event, you’re entitled to a 55.345¢ credit for every kilowatthour (kWh) “curtailed” (that is, not consumed compared with your usual energy use).
The greater the effort you make, the more you’ll save
For example, if, during a peak demand event, you use 13 kWh less than usual at the same time of day, a credit of $7.19 will be applied to your next bill.
Please note that the credit is given only if you reduce your electricity use by 2 kWh or more per event.
If you can’t use less electricity during a peak demand event, the base rate applies, as usual, but you won’t receive any credit. It’s risk-free, because your bill can only get smaller.
Peak demand events
Peak demand events can take place any day of the week from December 1 to March 31, from 6 to 9 a.m. and from 4 to 8 p.m. There may be 25 to 33 events per winter, at most, for a maximum of 100 hours in all.
A customized tool to track your savings
You can track your savings closely in your Customer Space. There you’ll find the following information:
- Your total credit for the winter period, updated the day after each peak demand event
- Detailed information about all past peak demand events (actual consumption, reference energy, curtailed energy, amount of the credit)
- Upcoming events for which you have received a notification
- History of previous winters
Interested in dynamic pricing?
Compare the various offerings in your Customer Space.
Compare the rates and sign up
Compare the rates in your Customer Space to find out how much you could save and to sign up for the Winter Credit Option or Rate Flex G.Log in
To find out more about the Winter Credit Option for Rate G customers, see Section 3 of Chapter 3 of the Electricity Rates [PDF 4.75 MB].